Ross Stores, Inc. Human Resource Manager in Dallas, Texas
Accountable for daily partnership with field leadership on Human Resource issues by providing strategic planning and execution in performance management and training and development in multiple Regions. Responsible for maximum performance execution of HR deliverables and in creating action plans to positively impact bottom line business initiatives. Executes Great People initiatives including, but not limited to, strategic workforce planning, talent and performance management, skill development and management training while providing partnership and support to related functions in Corporate and in Associate Relations. Responsible for driving process execution and consistency in field and store management adherence to all HR practices; visiting and auditing store execution as needed. Approves all performance management documents and store management performance-related terminations.
Training and Development:
- Coordinate and facilitate the Management Assessment Process for identifying internal candidates for potential career advancement or performance development, per program expectations.
Facilitate MAP for Store Managers, Loss Prevention and above positions.
Assist in evaluating field developmental and store management training needs.
- Responsible for implementation and tracking of field / store management training programs. Evaluate and interpret HRIS Analyst tracking reports.
- Follow up on training initiatives to ensure consistency in execution. Monitor and measure success of programs.
- Conduct training as needed to enhance the skill set for store, district and zone management.
- Monitor and lead IDP execution for DM, LP and store management.
- Evaluate / monitor Leadership Essential execution and criteria for completion and advise DM / ZD as needed.
- Partner with Field Operations to support New Store Opening (NSO) and Going Out of Business (GOB) staffing processes.
- Assess market needs regarding staffing, training, benefits, wages and labor and associate relations for NSO / GOB; communicate recommendations to all supporting business partners.
- Evaluate / monitor DMIT / DM / HRM field training plans.
- Monitor execution and provide input to field leadership on all exempt management level performance reviews (FOCAL process).
- Advise and monitor the hourly performance review process with District and Store Managers.
- Consistently monitor and administer all Performance Management programs.
- Review and advise on all performance based accountability and terminations.
- Approves all performance management documents and store management performance-related terminations.
- Facilitate Assimilation process as needed, with timely follow up.
- Completes timely Exit Interviews on voluntary terminations with Loss Prevention, Store Managers and District Managers
- Monitor execution of employee retention programs
- Coordinate and facilitate the Region and Zone Succession Planning process.
- Partner with Field Recruiting to drive consistent execution of the management selection process, including interviews, profile execution and the onboarding process.
- With DMs, support sourcing of Store Manager and above candidates in critical markets.
- Assess existing market needs regarding staffing, training, benefits, wages and labor and associate relations; communicate recommendations to all supporting business partners
- With DMs, drive the new hire on-boarding and orientation process in all stores.
- Coordinate and manage the HR function for the College Recruiting program in partnership with the Talent Acquisition and the corporate support teams.
- Conduct College Recruit Exit Interviews on voluntary terminations; track and report up accordingly.
- Coordinate and monitor College Recruit training and career development plans
- Coordinate and monitor Military Recruit training and career development plans
Analysis / Research:
- Recommend Human Resource policy and procedural changes to Associate Relations and Corporate partners.
- Create and update Human Resource procedural guides to maintain consistent execution in the field.
- Initiate analysis / reports / statistical data which may affect stores’ human resource performance and/or related business initiatives.
- Analyze statistical data to help evaluate and enhance the performance against the HR Metrics and in accordance with the HR Scorecard, monitoring and advising on store compliance issues as needed.
Liaison Corporate Office / Field:
- Provide guidance to District Managers & Zone Directors in implementing and communicating personnel, compensation, and benefit policies and procedures throughout the zone.
- Act as liaison between district, zone and regional offices.
- In partnership with Associate Relations, as additional support when needed, assist District Loss Prevention Managers in addressing associate relations or other Human Resource / Loss prevention issues.
- Assist District Managers, Zone Directors and Associate Relations HR partners in identifying potential associate relations opportunities, providing counsel and advice to zone and district business partners in creating swift solutions with Associate Relations to resolve, creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Ensure District Managers are proactively executing a union avoidance culture and are responding with a sense of urgency to any union organizing campaign or suspicion of attempt once discovered.
- Interpret policy when questions arise at the zone and district levels. Assist Zone Directors and District Managers in redirecting associates when necessary.
- Support Associate Relations Managers on an as needed basis.
- Direct Associate Relations issues to HR Services as needed. Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
- Building Effective Teams
- Hiring & Staffing
- Motivating Others
- Organizational/Strategic Agility
- Business Acumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
60-70% travel required
Minimum of 5 years progressive HR management experience
College degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
PHR/SPHR certification preferred