Ross Stores, Inc. Associate Representative (HR) in Dublin, California
Responsible creating and maintaining active and inactive Personnel, Confidential and Benefits files for all Corporate Associates, Field Administration and Loss Prevention Exempt Associates. Will also serve as a backup for processing new hire paperwork, terminations, change of status forms, etc. for all associates stated above as well as processing subpoenas.
- Create, update and maintain active and inactive Personnel, Confidential and Benefits files for all Corporate Associates, Field Administration and Loss Prevention Exempt Associates.
- Review new hire paperwork, including Employment Eligibility Verification forms (I-9), for completeness, accuracy and timeliness. Follow-up on pending paperwork, as well as conduct periodic audits to ensure all designated new hire files are being received.
- Handle periodic removal and transport of files to/from Iron Mountain, according to company policy and legal requirements.
- Pick up and distribute mail to individuals in the Compensation/HRIS dept.
- Ensure that files are appropriately checked out and returned by Dublin HR and Legal.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Assist the Zone Admins with navigation & process with the IM DRCI system.
- Update and maintain pending filing system, subpoenaed records files in various logs.
- Assist with the processing of new hire paperwork, change of status forms, off cycle promotions, transfers, salary adjustments and terminations into PeopleSoft HR system. Assist with employment verification requests.
- Interpret and process subpoenas as per our Legal dept. guidelines.
- Document & log all subpoenas as you process them.
- Log and submit to Accounting Dept. any payments received for processing the subpoenas.
- Assist Legal Dept. with any subpoenas request or inquiries.
- Customer Service
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 0-2 Years experience of related work.
- Ability to set priorities with strong organizational & follow-up skills; Well-organized & detail-oriented.
- Preferred: basic knowledge of PeopleSoft.
- Preferred: basic knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- High degree of integrity.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, listening, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.