Ross Stores, Inc. Construction Coordinator II in Dublin, California
Manage various functions of the Construction Department exercising discretion and judgment in all aspects of the job. Responsible for the monitoring and coordination of all aspects of the project development/construction schedule for new stores, remodels, special projects, and contract close outs. Serve as liaison to outside departments, vendors and various industry contacts. Maintain a well-organized and efficient department ensuring that all day-to-day activities are resolved. Assist the Group Vice President as assigned and provide training and oversight for other Construction Managers and Coordinators with Department Policies and Procedures.
- Promptly and accurately respond to verbal and written communication from the SVP Construction, GVP, Directors and Managers of Construction, Contractors and Vendors
- Have knowledge in and be able to understand and accurately work with established industry standard construction documents with respect to new store and remodel projects
- Be able to understand and accurately track construction costs and change order requests
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the project development schedule
- Responsible for communicating information concerning new store construction throughout the organization. Interface with Store Design, Facilities, Real Estate, and Store Planning in gathering and providing information necessary to facilitate on-time store openings
- Coordinate all legal closeout documentation for all projects, ensuring all items are in order for final completion, acting as a liaison with respective landlords and contractors
- Interface with Property Administration for all reimbursable construction allowances for new stores
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate cost spreadsheet summaries for all projects
- Independently compose/draft correspondence for issuance to management and outside parties as required
- Verification of all Application/Certificates for payment and invoices from contractors and vendors ensuring proper documentation for back up including lien waivers
- Prepare invoices and payment applications according to department policy and procedure for approval by the SVP, GVP, Directors and/or Construction Managers
- Responsible for ensuring that all respective vendors receive plans for all projects so that proper bids and contracts can be received and reviewed in a timely manner
- Respond to all inquires from potential contractors, architects and vendors interested in placement on Ross pre-qualified bidders list by region
- Monitor new store signage and related costs to include status reporting and day-to-day telephone contact with vendor for all new and existing stores
- Follow-up with Construction Managers on completion of utility forms, possession dates, finish schedules, and property insurance forms
- Interface directly with the Executive Assistant to SVP Construction to ensure policy and procedures are maintained for department communication standards including phones, filing, correspondence and other means of communication
- Assist with training and oversight for Department Managers and Coordinators
- Planning and Organization
- Quality of Work
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate department policies and procedures to others and assist in training
- 3-5 years previous experience and knowledge in working with established industry standard construction contract and bid documents
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, work independently with excellent organizational/follow-up skills
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize and facilitate multiple projects simultaneously, balance ongoing duties with several special projects and perform accurately and professionally under pressure with very short deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including Word and Excel
- Able to type 45 WPM with accuracy
- Superior analytical skills both mathematical and problem solving
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.