Ross Stores, Inc. Coordinator, HR (Background) in Dublin, California
TheBackground Screening Specialist supports Ross Stores Inc.’s background checkscreening process and is responsible for researching and executing qualityevaluation and resolution of “needs review” background checks in compliancewith applicable laws and company procedures. The specialist will be the maincontact to evaluate criminal convictions in the background check process andprovide hiring recommendations to appropriate HR representatives.
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned background screening adjudications for all business units
Evaluates applicant background checks designated as “Further Review.” This includes but is not limited to:
Validating applicant and associate credentials
- Performing an individualized assessment in compliance with legal guidance to evaluate the candidate’s suitability for hire or promotion
- Conducting research into candidate qualifications/eligibility by contacting applicant and outside entities such as educational institutions, courts, and other third parties for information
- Determining whether the background check should be passed or failed
Partnering and advising clients of outcomes based on results of background screening
Works directly with vendor and vendor system to accurately track status of background check adjudication, log final resolutions, and ensure service level agreements/vendor performance metrics are being met
Acts as a liaison between the legal department, HR, and the background check vendor to resolved issues and refine processes
Responsible for accurate data entry of all background checks in HR Case Management System and accurate reporting of results
- Partners with Supervisor, and others to make recommendations and seekguidance to ensure compliance with background screening procedures
- Interfaces with managers, supervisors, and recruiters to interpret and report background check results
- In partnership with Supervisor, gathers feedback from HR partners regarding the background check process and provides this to the legal team and to the background check vendor
- In partnership with Supervisor, recommends operating policy and procedural improvements in relation to background checks to Corp HR counterparts
- Communicates changes to the background check laws from the legal department to human resources
- Develops solid knowledge of current background check laws; drafts customized letters and follows process flows as required
- Represents Company in legal proceedings, if needed
- Coordinates and provides ongoing legal training for turnover in HR positions
- Maps, monitors and continually enhances the program
- Implementing legal compliance measures
- Performsother duties as assigned
- Customer Service
- Technical Competence
- Analysis & Judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or relatedfield required; High School degree or equivalent required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word,Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience in business operations preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,including ability to effectively elicit information from, and provideinformation to others
- Strong analytical ability to evaluate complexinformation and articulate recommendations
- Must perform efficiently in a high-volumeenvironment, both independently and as part of a team, while maintainingorganization and attention to detail, with ability to multi-task and meet competingpriorities
- Jobrequires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on acomputer.
- Requiressitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attendingin-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistenttimeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see informationin print and/or electronically.