Ross Stores, Inc. Coordinator, Legal in Dublin, California
Provides general clerical support to Legal Department. Ensure all day-to-day activities are carried out by maintaining ongoing communication, organizing all routine departmental activities and handling special projects as needed.
- Perform general office duties of a responsible and confidential nature, executing, with minimal direction, support including distributing mail, scanning/filing documents, etc.
- Maintain a variety of complex records and files, both electronic and hard copy. Material is of a highly confidential nature.
- Develop proficiency with Serengeti database, including new matter intake, reporting, and input and tracking of contracts.
- Track law firm billings and related budget management tasks.
Other duties as assigned including:
Distribute electronic service of process
- Perform intake and coordinate responses to third-party subpoenas and personnel record requests
- Perform intake and handling of third-party janitorial and garment claims
- Ad hoc assignments
- Planning and Organizing
- Analysis and Judgment
- Credibility and Trust
- Results Orientation
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Not afraid to ask questions or seek clarification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including solid proofreading, editing and grammar skills
- Advanced skills in word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and other software, Microsoft Office, i.e., MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, with frequent interruptions, without direction
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a key team member with a diverse group of professional staff
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.