Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Intranet Communications Manager in Dublin, California
The Intranet Manager is responsible for day-to-day operation and management of the company social intranet. Responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining the visual design, site navigation, and site content including news, alerts, policy and procedure documentation.
This individual is a member of the Communications & Engagement team and works closely with them to build an intranet content management strategy that aligns with our editorial calendar to amplify company news, announcements, and local messaging. The Intranet Manager will have a strong aesthetic sense to ensure the site is visually appealing and aligned with the Ross and dd’s DISCOUNTS brand standards.
The Intranet Manager collaborates with the intranet Governance Committee and other stakeholders to plan and execute ongoing, strategic enhancements that drive organizational productivity, collaboration, and engages users across the company to our core values and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Maintain site navigation and underlying information architecture.
- Develop and maintain an intranet content strategy that aligns with the Communications & Engagement team’s editorial calendar to reinforce company messages and announcements.
- Write, publish, and manage (using SharePoint Online with Office365) news articles and core content pages to ensure current and accurate information.
- Collaborate with teams to write/produce engaging content and ensure the visual aesthetic of the site are brand appropriate.
- Oversee authoring and approval protocols for publishing news and other content updates. This includes review/approval of other content providers’ content via workflows to ensure completeness, timeliness, accuracy, and relevancy. Ensure consistent voice and AP grammatical standards, as well as Ross and dd’s brand standards.
- Partner with IT and Corporate Communications Director on the implementation of pilots and roll-outs of the intranet to each functional area. This includes providing guidance on content migration from existing document repository, developing communication plans, and engagement and success measurement strategies.
- Build and manage the HR for HR department site.
- Partner with Information Technology and Human Resources teams to manage site improvement projects.
- Help monitor user-generated content for appropriateness.
- Monitor and analyze site analytics and reports on key performance indicators (KPIs). Make recommendations for improvements/changes based on these insights.
- Craft communication plans to announce upgrades and new features to users as needed
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs and involve them in planning and problem solving, including IT, HR, Legal, and senior executives.
- Communicate actively with all main stakeholder and user groups.
- Support intranet group owners in maintaining active communities, including development of community management best practices.
- Ensure ongoing support and training to various user types, including average users, content owners, department owners, and team site owners. Assist with training of new authors on the use of the Intranet’s publishing system.
- Manage common administrative tasks related to the site.
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- High-detail orientation
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5-7 years experience implementing or managing websites or intranets
- Proficiency and hands on experience with Windows 10 and Office applications and SharePoint Online with Office 365
- Experience with enterprise social networks and community management
- Experience executing or managing basic video production
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Outstanding project and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations discreetly and with diplomacy.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.