Ross Stores, Inc. Inventory Allocation Planner in Dublin, California
The Inventory Allocation Planner is responsible for a diverse range of assignments, projects, and analytics to support the end of month inventory plan achievement and strategic initiatives for his/her assigned Regions/Stores. The Planner manages Comp and Non Comp Stores through pre-month development of Weekly Sales Curves and In-Month Sales Trend assessments to capture emerging sales performance. He/She provides weekly visibility of current performance and trends to leadership. Additionally, the Planner researches and responds to product level inventory concerns from stores.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to work independently to provide sound analytics, with a comfort for drawing and communicating conclusions and recommendations.
Analytics of Inventory and Receipt Management
- Support end of month inventory plan achievement through use of Weekly Sales Curves and IN-Month Trending for assigned Regions, as well as exception store management at the division level.
- Analyze historical sales performance in development of Weekly Sales Curves to capture Regional patterns and unique store performance
- Monitor region and store inventory position in relation to sales trends, with future opportunity to analyze at lower hierarchy levels
- Research and respond to store callouts
- Support New Store and/or Going Out of Business processes
- Execute and maintain Excel based reports/tools
- Perform ad hoc analysis as needed
- Drive timely and effective communication with cross-functional business partners to inform/recommend allocation strategies and results
- Provide weekly communication to Allocation leadership of results and inventory opportunities/risks, providing recommended action needed to support changing trends
- Communicate conclusions and recommendations in a clear, straight forward, and concise format to business partners
- Interpersonal and Team Effectiveness
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Change Management
- Customer Service
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-4 years of related experience in Planning and/or Allocation
- Intermediate MS Excel skills including formulas/functions (e.g., vlookup, countifs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of retail software, a plus (e.g., JDA/ACE, RDW)
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.