Ross Stores, Inc. Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Information Technology) in Dublin, California
The IT Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead strategic IT sourcing projects to help Ross procure the best services and products at the most competitive cost.
This person will be responsible for leading IT strategic sourcing projects from start-to-finish, including process steps such as vendor research, category/market research, market index analysis, data analysis, baseline development, RFP development, bid management, negotiations, offer analysis and scenario development. This role will also be involved in post-bid management, which includes activities such as spend analysis and vendor management. He / she will manage multiple projects at a time, as well as support ad-hoc IT sourcing inquiries.
Strong project management and communications are key in this role as this person will be interacting with many Ross employees, departments, locations and vendors to facilitate cross-functional IT Sourcing activities and support other company-wide initiatives.
Drive IT Strategic Sourcing and RFP Process Execution
- Collaborate with IT portfolio owners to drive establishment and execution of Renewals and Maintenance Program strategy
- Conduct detailed market and IT vendor research to communicate these findings through meaningful research summaries
- Develop and manage IT sourcing project timelines and lead meetings
- Develop IT RFPs and create complex bidding spreadsheets
- Manage IT RFP or sourcing process with minimal support, start-to-finish, for simple-to-medium complexity projects (to include market research, IT RFP development, and management of communications, manage stakeholder involvement, etc.)
- Evaluate vendor bid responses (quantitatively and qualitatively)
- Facilitate the development of award scenarios and recommendations for stakeholder evaluation, consideration and decision-making
Contract Development and Management
- Review contracts and spend to assess potential IT sourcing opportunities
- Meet with IT Contract Owners / IT Contracts Coordinator / Legal to follow-up on concerns relating to IT RFPs / sourcing projects
- Provide guidance on contract term negotiations through collaborative approach with IT stakeholders.
Ad-Hoc Analysis and Project Support
- Assist the IT Sourcing Director in updating IT project roadmaps and savings tracking documents
- Able to develop PowerPoint presentations for internal stakeholder communications / updates, also review other team members’ deliverables.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Drives Results
- Business Acumen
- Technical Competence
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Accounting or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years IT strategic sourcing experience. Multiple IT sourcing category experience required.
- Consulting experience preferred; experience in retail is a plus.
- Contract writing and management experience preferred.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in working with raw material / market indices.
- Must have a data driven approach to solving problems.
- Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to dissect problems.
- Must have very close attention to details and the drive to get things right with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently and keep a high level of focus.
- Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
- Needs to be able to build effective working relationships within Ross.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.