Ross Stores, Inc. Sales Audit Coordinator in Dublin, California
Work with peers to resolve daily and weekly balancing issues. Identify, research, and work with IT, store management, and/or LP on POS, Cash Office, and Sales Audit processing issues. Manage daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities and ensure timely completion of all sales audit requirements. Responsible for the timely and accurate auditing of company sales, processing of bankcard/chargeback retrieval requests while maintaining the established productivity standards.
• Perform daily audits of assigned stores using standard auditing procedures including research of over / short discrepancies outside defined tolerance levels and ensuring the accuracy of company sales revenue reporting.
• Communicate and respond to inquiries regarding over / short discrepancies with store management and loss prevention. Identify deposit discrepancies and inform cash accounting to ensure proper bank reconciliation.
• Identify potential system issues at either store or corporate level.
• Complete all bankcard retrieval and chargeback requests on a timely basis in order to prevent company chargeback’s. Communicate with our bank representatives to resolve any disputed items.
• Maintain departmental reports and documents in accordance with department’s record retention policies. Coordinate all storage and destruction of reports on a timely basis with outside storage company
• Provide individual stats and bankcard retrieval / chargeback statistical reporting.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Drives results
• Customer Service
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Candidates must have 1 - 2 years of sales audit experience in retail, knowledge of accounting procedures, strong verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a team in a deadline driven environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. This person will also need strong organization and time management skills and strong analytical capabilities with attention to detail.
• Strong desire to improve processes and procedures, be a catalyst for change.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good oral and communication skills.
• Basic Computer Skills with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Detail oriented, with a strong emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member on projects of all sizes.
• Ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.