Ross Stores, Inc. Sr. Analyst, Financial (Brand Maintenance & Repair) in Dublin, California
The Senior Analyst leads all financial processes for the Janitorial business, including invoicing, budget development, financial tracking throughout each month and quarter, and project support. The Senior Analyst will track and reconcile service budgets against the service schedule to ensure proper financial tracking with Store Ops Finance (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end). These responsibilities include invoicing, spend tracking and trending, budget development, forecasting, financial audits, and ensuring alignment on pricing and service costs with janitorial vendors. The Senior Analyst will also conduct operational analysis, and must be well-versed in the operational side of the Janitorial business (including knowledge of services performed and their impact on store condition). The individual must also partner with other team members to validate (and track) the financial impact of operational decisions, and must take an “end to end” approach with financial management (from initial approval to invoice payment). The individual must function in a fast paced and intense environment with multiple demands.
Financial Management and Operational Leadership
- Develop and maintain budget model for Janitorial business, informed by a solid understanding of the Janitorial service needs of our stores.
- Recommend operational “levers” to reduce Janitorial expenses (if necessary) to achieve our budget target.
- Create and manage weekly financial updates to track all Janitorial spending.
- Recommend and create forecast submissions (to Store Finance) each month in each Janitorial account.
- Manage all accruals for all Janitorial services, and lead the soft close and final close process with Finance throughout the fiscal calendar.
- Make or recommend appropriate operational decisions about specific services in individual stores, based on budget availability and operational need.
- Oversee invoicing process (in partnership with the Financial Coordinator, Brand Maintenance & Repair) to ensure timely payment for all services.
- Perform ad hoc financial and operational analyses in response to questions from senior leadership, Store Finance, Corporate Finance (FP&A), or other executives
- Audit all pricing details from Janitorial vendors to ensure accuracy, particularly with respect to minimum wage increases.
- Ensure that pricing and credits (for no shows, as an example) are applied appropriately, per the terms of our Janitorial contracts.
Project Management and Leadership
- Lead development of pilots and proof of concepts on service maintenance trends, budgets, and scope of work adjustments.
- Partner with Refresh and Remodel teams on all project work, and manage our Janitorial vendors to ensure that post-project floor care services (strip & wax) are provided in a timely manner.
- Recommend process improvements to drive efficiency, particularly with respect to new technology platforms, new approaches to invoicing, or improved scorecards.
- Lead the testing process for changes recommended by the Director, Brand Maintenance & Repair, the VP, Store Strategy & Customer Insights, or third party consultants.
- Provide business case/ROI analysis to support Capital/Expense request development and support cross-functional projects from end-to-end.
- Own data integrity of all vendor quotes and invoices. Ensure scope and cost accuracy and follow-up with vendors regularly.
- Develop and maintain store reports such as monthly vendor performance reporting, scorecards, and market-specific tracking tools.
- Maintain working knowledge and expertise of trends in janitorial industry.
- Develop strong working relationships with key points-of-contact at our Janitorial vendor(s).
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3 years work experience in financial/budget planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related-field.
- Ideal candidate has experience in finance, maintenance, and customer service.
- Expert computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word Access and PowerPoint.
- Expert-level analytical skills in math and problem solving.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices.
- A proven ability to link financial decisions with operational needs, and vice versa.
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Ability to use vendor relationships to drive service quality improvements.
- Ability to partner with individual from a wide range of backgrounds, and with different working styles.
- Ability to handle service matters professionally, confidentially, and quickly.
- Ability to deliver accurate data on-time.
- High degree of reliability, including accountability for daily, weekly, and long-term projects required.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize these tasks, and follow-up to ensure timely results.
- Excellent organizational and work planning skills required.
- Must be able to partner effectively with Finance, handle pressure and adapt to rapidly changing priorities well.
- Ability to communicate across multiple functions from peer to Senior Leadership is essential.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.