Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Sr. Analyst in Dublin, California
Prepare in-house market research studies and reports using GIS applications and primary research methods. Provide support and data to the department on various projects associated with efforts to expand our store network and to analyze our existing stores. Prepare demographic, competitor, and other related analyses. Define trade areas; analyze the influences that affect the performance of our locations. Examine customer behavior. Analyze competitors’ growth strategies. Define and understand individual stores (or groups of stores) that do not perform to expectations. Create market penetration maps and reports. Produce monthly and quarterly reports and prepare various written recommendations based upon findings.
- Create, compile and review site research submittals to ensure they meet basic criteria and present to Sr. Director of Real Estate Market Research for review.
- Generate demographic data as needed for locations being considered for new stores, new markets, existing stores and existing markets using geographic information system software (GIS) and other primary research methods
- Communicate and work with internal and external sources to obtain pertinent information needed to support site research and site presentations. Be familiar with all aspects of each proposal.
- Run proforma income statements for new and existing store locations, remodels, expansions, and other special requests.
- Support data gathering and transformation into systems including coordination of in-store zip code surveys, competitor data, demographic, traffic counts, and more.
- Conduct various market research studies and special reports. Provide strategic analysis concerning trade area creation, overlaps and voids, business generation and cannibalization.
- Build expertise in internal site management system (pdSiteLink) and maintain reporting.
- Gain familiarity with standard lease form and lease summaries used within the department.
- Attend seminars that pertain to GIS systems, Market Research, and various retail industry topics as necessary.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Analysis & Judgement
- Curiosity & Problem Solving
- Response to Feedback
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years of experience in location strategy, spatial analytics, statistics, GIS, retail strategy, or related field.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with knowledge of retail store site selection location strategies, sales forecasting and cannibalization.
- Understanding of GIS technology (MapInfo, Trade Area Systems) & spatial analysis.
- Ability to initiates technical problem solving process, recommend solutions and facilitate closure with supervision.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) or related software. Experience with statistical software & modeling is a plus.
- College degree required with emphasis on Geography, Real Estate, Marketing, Statistics or Market Research.
- Retail real estate/market research experience required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Position requires extreme confidentiality in handling/distributing reports and studies based on company’s proprietary information.
- Periodic travel may be required.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.