Ross Stores, Inc. Store Planner (Remodels) in Dublin, California
Responsible for developing store plans for new and refurbished stores based on merchandising strategies, store operation requirements and applicable building codes.
- Creation of all contract documents needed to execute a “store project”. These documents include fixture plans, slot wall and floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, merchandise plans, and any other documents that help to describe the intent of our store design. A Store Project includes new stores, remodeling and expansions, department expansions, refurbishment projects and resets. These documents will be used to purchase, bid and execute a project.
- Evaluation of proposed retail environments for operational compliance to include but not limited to stock and merchandise handling, loss prevention and store operations.
- Maintain a current, accurate and up-to-date project file. Both drawings and all correspondence.
- Work in conjunction with construction and other Ross departments in all phases of the project from inception to completion.
- Visit sites as required, to ascertain all field conditions that will impact the architectural design phase. 3%
- Conducts field inspections of interior finishes as required, to verify compliance to Ross retail specifications.
- Responsible for keeping current on computer network system and related peripherals.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Planning and Organizing
- Drives Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum a degree in Architecture, Interior Design, and Industrial Design related field or equivalent of two years’ experience in Store Planning
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and identify key trends and variances.
- Gather, summarize, prepare and analyze store specific unit data.
- Expertise and understanding of Microsoft Excel: Specifically pivot tables and v-look up.
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.