Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Supervisor, HR (HRIS) in Dublin, California
Evaluates, analyzes, designs and maintains company Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). Manages highly technical, specialized and complex projects. Partners with IT on the implementation of system upgrades and enhancements. Designs system test plans and test scenarios. Conducts systems testing to ensure the integrity of very sensitive data. Provides guidance and assistance to other HR Systems Analysts. Provides leadership, coaching, and guidance to direct report(s).
Systems Analysis, Design, Implementation and Maintenance
• System responsibilities include various systems managed by the HRIS team along with related processes, business rules, policies, and standards
• Analyze current processes and recommend system changes and enhancements to ensure effective tracking and management of Human Resources data
• Clearly identify business needs and drive system solutions including proper documentation and change management
• Lead system upgrades through development of test plans and user acceptance testing
• Lead testing teams to ensure timely implementation of system upgrades, fixes, and enhancements
• Ensure technical documentation is created and maintained including proper training of users
• Develops and maintains documentation of system configuration and business processes used by the HRIS team
• Manage updates to system configuration based on changes in the organization, legal requirements, and business processes
• Maintain files and tables used by different HR Systems which affect user access and/or system functionality
• Lead system issue resolution process in collaboration with HRIS Analysts, IT, operations, and vendors
Other Job Duties
• Interface with other departments and vendors to identify issues which may affect HRIS
• Lead audit process to ensure correct use of systems, appropriate system access and data integrity.
• Partner in development and training of HRIS Analysts
• Special projects as assigned
• Problem Solving
• Customer Focus
• Analysis and Judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 5 years of prior HRIS experience
• Demonstrated ability to:
o Work independently
o Review and analyze data to identify and resolve problems
o Use on-line systems/applications to support the work being performed (Microsoft Word and Excel, Applicant Tracking Systems, PeopleSoft HR, Other SAAS HR Systems)
• Excellent analytical and customer service skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external personnel
• Ability to exercise discretion with highly confidential information
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of associates
• Attend to detail with accuracy
• Ability to lead others by providing expertise, and to manage workload and delegate work to others
• Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
• Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
• Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
• Analyst, HRIS
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion. Ross Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.