Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Tax Manager in Dublin, California
The Tax Manager is a key contributor to the Tax Group which will be responsible for co-managing the sales and use tax return filing, sales and use tax audits, and planning and advise functions at a Fortune 500 and NASDAQ 100 company.
- Transition the indirect tax compliance from general accounting to tax. Manage the filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales/use tax and unclaimed property returns in multiple state and local jurisdictions
- Assist with state and local sales/use tax and unclaimed property audits by working closely with auditors and internal personnel
- Research and analyze changes in various state sales/use tax laws as well as advise management on indirect tax regulations, trends, and risks
- Manage customer exemption certificates for all states
- Provide guidance to purchasing, AP, Finance, Store Operations, and other departments within the Company to reduce future audit assessments related to sales/use taxes
- Assist with responses to tax inquiries from customers, vendors, and internal departments within the Company
- Assist with the implementation of upgraded ERP and Point-of-Sale systems specifically related to the indirect tax function
- Manage the reporting and audits related to local hiring tax incentives
- Review vendor contracts that may have indirect tax implications
- Work with outside advisors on special projects
- Train, Develop, and motivate employees
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Analysis and Judgment
- Organizational & Attention to Details
- Technical Competence/Expertise
- Problem Solving
- Quality of Work and Accuracy
- Strong Communication Skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS Degree in Accountancy
- CPA and/or MS in Tax strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience with progressive responsibilities
- Ability to manage and motivate internal and external staff
- Experience with Peoplesoft is a plus
- Superior judgment and critical thinking skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Self-starter and performance oriented
- Ability to carry out job responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Tax associates and external personnel