Ross Stores, Inc. Visual Presentation Specialist in Dublin, California
This position is responsible for supporting signage programs for Ross & dd’s stores. This position is responsible to help develop, coordinate and communicate all aspects of the in-store signage programs to the entire field organization of Ross & dd’s stores. This includes developing & testing new sign elements, driving results through project planning, analysis, cross-functional support, and effective vendor management. A key component of this role is having an understanding of the in-store signage programs, sign types & brand rules.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, and communicating all in store signage programs for permanent and promotional. This includes, but is not limited to: Store communications, In-Store Marketing Guide, Merchandising Manual, New Store openings, Remodels, Vendor Sign Installation Guides and Store Installation Guides.
- Support operational activities associated with Store openings, closings and relocations from a Signing perspective
- Identify and coordinate placement and installation of the Ross or dd’s in-store sign package across all stores, including cosmetics repairs
- Facilitate and coordinate sign execution with field management
- Support brand evolution when developing new signs programs and providing prototype samples. Work directly with Directors, VP’s & Senior Level Executives; set up and coordinate executive level visits to review prototype options
- Partner with NYBO, Marketing, EVP & SVP of Stores, VP of Operations and other field management on initiatives that improve the customer experience as well as employee execution as they relate to in store signage both permanent and promotional
- Develop and execute all communication regarding sign placement through Store level communication, installation manuals, as well as brand evolution and department process manuals
- Responsible for creating and executing RFP’s with vendors on an as needed basis
- Responsible for managing the electronic sign ordering system and replenishment inventory for both Ross and dd’s brands. Provides system training to store associates as needed
- Responsible for managing and tracking the in-store sign budget of over $3 million for existing stores, remodels and new store openings
- Regularly visits stores and field partners to evaluate processes and execution and occasional travel to print facilities for press checks on key promotional kits
- Support developing creative briefs, story boards, decks to facilitate the promotional review process, including but not limited to presentations to multiple levels of executive management
- Completing competitive shops and hind sighting to stay updated on market trends and evaluate effectiveness and relevance of promotional strategy
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focused
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Planning and Organizing
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of visual presentation experience in a retail environment required
- Preferred Graphic computer skills, design/layout production
- Proficient in the Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, In Design)
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.