Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Assistant Buyer II in Los Angeles, California
ASSISTANT BUYER II
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Assistant Buyer II is responsible for providing operational support to their Buyer with a focus on business management and problem solving to develop buying expertise. The role is expected to execute responsibilities and manage functions designed to develop fiscal accountability within the assigned classifications.
- Performs operational functions supporting the buying team, by providing ongoing analysis and interpretation of key business issues including using merchandise reports, Open-to-Buy monitoring, stock analysis and other ad hoc analysis.
- Anticipates potential problems and risks; generates ideas, insights and solutions to resolve potential problems. Proposes and executes solutions for issues identified during analysis of data.
- Manages the merchandising systems, all planning tools such as financial plans, ladder plans, etc., and all spreadsheet applications. Owns reporting processes (i.e. OTB, UDA, and Shipping etc.) to make actionable analysis and provide business recommendations to Buyer.
- Manages relationships with both internal cross-functional partners and with external vendors to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed. Troubleshoots issues and negotiates with vendors accordingly.
- Establishes and maintains a reputation of credibility and responsiveness in the market place. Elicits critical information from vendors with regards to market trends and current buying activity of competitors and presents findings effectively.
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge through sharing information with their Buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping Ross Stores and the market. Makes recommendations to Buyer on how to apply to Ross assortment mix. Demonstrates understanding of price/ value relationships.
- Utilizing product knowledge to take initiative and exercise independent business judgment to find new resources and creative methods of sourcing product to impact the assortment.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One -Two years prior merchant/ Assistant Buyer experience, either buying in regional-size retailer (or Associate Buyer in large retail chain)
- Through knowledge of merchandising and technical aspects of merchandising
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates proficiency in negotiation skills
- Strong retail math skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to independently analyze business and make recommendations
- Highly effective written and verbal communication
- Strong PC/Microsoft Office skills, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheet application
Ross will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.