Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Ross Retail Leader Internship - Great Los Angeles Area in Los Angeles, California
Retail Leader Internship Program at Ross Stores, Inc.
If you are a college student with a desire to
develop into a leader within a fast-paced work environment then Ross Stores Inc., a Fortune 500 Company, is the place for you. We allow you to make a direct impact on the organization during a
10 week paid Retail Leader Internship. You will gain insight not only into management but also human resources, business strategy, operations, and more!
At Ross you will find:
- An experience that will help you gain skills applicable to a career in retail management
- The ability to learn all facets of how a multi-million dollar store runs
- Teamwork built on trust and collaboration
- An amazing culture that celebrates diversity, gives back to local communities, and encourages fun
- A company that has built success with a “No Frills, Big Thrills” philosophy
The Internship Program:
A peek into what you’ll be doing
You will receive a training manual for your internship that guides you week by week through each facet of the store’s business operations
- Gain exposure to the business by working alongside supervisors, store managers, and senior leadership
- Develop your business acumen through hands on training, webinars, conference calls with upper field leadership, and identifying strengths and growth opportunities
- Obtain experience and understanding of store operations, management, loss prevention, human resources, recruiting, and more
- Learn business operations from senior leadership through conducting store assessments by analyzing store successes and opportunities
- Receive mentorship and guidance on how to be a successful leader
- Have an opportunity to give back to your local community through volunteer events
Participate in fun team building events with fellow interns
Towards the end of your internship you will have an opportunity to conduct a solo store assessment based on knowledge gained through the internship program
- You will present your findings, feedback, and knowledge to a leadership panel
You will be AMAZED with all that you have learned and how prepared you now are for a career in retail management!
Successful interns are:
- Excellent communicators with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly when dealing with customers and employees
- Quick, with a sense of urgency, because retail is a fast-paced environment and doing 5 things at one time is a cake walk for you.
- Problem Solvers, because as a store leader, you may be leveraged as a point of reference
- Driven for results, because that is how we deliver the deals
- Capable of standing and walking for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day), bending, crouching, and lifting or lowering objects up to 25lbs.
- Current College Students, enrolled in a 4-year college degree program, in Junior standing and planning to graduate between December 2019 and August 2020.
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Ross Stores, Inc. is not just the store your mom brought you to for great deals and designer steals before school started each fall, we are the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States. Ross is ranked as number 209 on the Fortune 500 list for 2018, as well as being an S&P 500 and NASDAQ100 (ROST) Company and the place to start your career in retail management. We operate over 1,409 Ross Dress for Less stores across 37 states, the District of Columbia, and Guam in addition to over 213 dd’s DISCOUNTS stores in 16 states with more stores opening 3 times a year as we continue our growth. Store growth means more jobs being added to our company which means when you are ready for a promotion, there is a high probability there may be an opening available , and that probability goes up when you are open to relocation to new or other existing markets. We are looking for sharp, driven, hardworking individuals to come join our company in our Leadership Training Programs and grow with us as we get to over 2,500 stores nationwide. You can learn more about your future career at Ross on our website: www.rossstores.com/careers.
If you’re motivated to become the next rock star within our organization, apply today!