Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Sample Coordinator in Los Angeles, California
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2016 revenues of $12.9 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,340 locations in 36 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 190 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 15 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Sample Coordinator works with technical services and the merchant team to manage and interface the commercialization and production processes of upfront purchases to ensure timely and quality upfront purchases. This includes checking samples against technical specifications and industry AQL guidelines adopted by merchants, leading merchant reviews, communicating results to vendors, and managing sample inventory. This role will develop strong working relationships with merchants, vendors, and other inter-departments. This role is dedicated to a specific business, supporting two to five Merchants.
- Conduct technical evaluation of sample including but not limited to measurement of POM’s to standards, weighting of materials, and review of sample to AQL standards for product classification. Understand product fit, basic production concepts and style market trends to analyze samples and solution standards and exceptions. Partner with merchants and vendors to resolve issues that fall outside the normal guidelines.
- Lead Merchant review meetings to approve and identify product issues. Facilitate feedback and provide educated recommendations to resolve conflicts and product issues.
- Proactively manage receipt, checkout, and disposal of samples against guidelines to ensure timely and efficient sample availability. Partner with Merchants and vendors to manage exceptions.
- Recommend process improvements and identify problems and potential system enhancements to leadership to increase sample processing effectiveness
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Fashion/Design/Pattern Making and/or Merchandising
- Associates degree required/ Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One to three years minimum related work experience with product/samples
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Product knowledge and passion, garment testing and standards knowledge
- Merchandising and Retail knowledge
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills; ability to focus the meeting and corral colleagues and more senior peers across departments
- Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor
Ross will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.