Ross Stores, Inc. Production Planning Process Manager, Merchant Operations in New York, New York
PRODUCTION PLANNING PROCESS MANAGER, MERCHANT OPERATIONS
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2016 revenues of $12.9 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,340 locations in 36 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 190 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 15 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
Oversee end-to-end tasks and process deliverables. Serve as a liaison between multiple business partners (e.g. Supply Chain, Allocation, Merchants, Merch Ops) to support business needs. Review analysis and propose recommendations to correct business issues impacting merchant receipt flow and in-store inventory position. Use strong communication skills to develop and maintain cross functional relationships to drive improvement.
- Proactively review and analyze key business metrics to identify changes in trend impacting performance. Propose recommendations to drive continual improvement and operational efficiency.
- Identify and manage opportunities for process development and evolution. Present recommendations to leadership for feedback and implementation.
- Partner with the cross functional teams (e.g., Supply Chain, Merchants, Allocation and Planning) to review findings and align on outcomes.
- Manage ad hoc analysis requests.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years analytical experience in retail or consumer products industry
- Retail Merchandising/Planning knowledge strongly preferred
- Supply Chain knowledge a plus
- Ability to partner and influence cross-functional partners
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to act independently, multi-task, and manage multiple projects/priorities
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail