Ross Stores, Inc. Vice President, Corporate Properties in New York, New York
Support the operational and strategic property activities associated with the North East buying offices. Responsible includes: internal relationship management, external vendor management, space planning, project management, facility management, budget preparation, cost management, workplace safety and operational efficiencies. Ross is evolving its model for how it creates and supports the workplace. This role will have the opportunity to influence the future and establish environments that attract and retain top talent.
- Establish and grow strong and effective working relationships with local staff including senior management and process partners (HR, IT, Loss Prevention, Etc.).
- Develop and execute various short, mid and long-term initiatives and strategic plans to support the business needs; in alignment with departmental and corporate priorities.
- Create and manage operating and capital budgets to support construction projects as well as facility repairs and maintenance.
- Manage all third party vendors supporting capital projects as well as day-to-day facility maintenance & repairs in accordance with scope, schedule, budget, service levels and quality metrics
- Ensure that the workplace supports the health and safety of all employees and visitors and that all activities are in accordance with local law and code.
- Manage mail, copy, reception and other related operational activities
- Establish, evolve and maintain as appropriate facility standards and service levels
- Negotiate and administer facility services, materials and equipment contracts as appropriate.
- Stay informed on local market activities that could create a competitive advantage or present strategic opportunities.
- Create presentations and prepare financial analyses as required
- Analysis and Judgment
- Planning and Organizing
- Credibility and Trust
- Process Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in real estate project or facility management
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or project management; Masters degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability in managing tactical execution while maintaining a strategic focus
- Proven business and financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to convey messages clearly and concisely.
- At-ease working individually and in teams, and at all levels of the organization (internally and externally).
- Experienced in all aspects of financial planning and management from a cash flow and P&L perspective; familiar with GAAP accounting principles
- Process orientation in managing the full real estate life cycle inclusive of planning, deal structures, project management, facility management and lease administration.
- Comfortable with levels of ambiguity and managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to influence, manage conflicts, solve complex problems and lead people and activities.
- Strong working knowledge of building structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, as well as maintaining regulatory compliance.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Senior Director, Facilities Engineering
Director, Facilities Management
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.