Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Systems Administrator in Rock Hill, South Carolina
The Senior Systems Administrator is an experienced Information Technology systems analyst that supports enterprise IT system infrastructure. The Senior System Administrator is responsible for planning, implementing, installing, configuring, supporting, developing and maintaining enterprise information systems. The position requires the ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, peripherals, connectivity and policy issues. It also includes the research, testing, documentation and evaluation of new products. This individual will build and maintain relationships and services with both internal, external and vendor partners to ensure processes are in place to ensure effective infrastructure service delivery.
- Manage day-to-day operations of computer systems, network devices and storage devices by monitoring systems performance, configuration, maintenance and repair
- Install and configure servers, network devices, firewalls and storage devices
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, LINUX, UNIX, SAN and VMware/ESX/HyperV technologies
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Mentor/cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Establish or recommend policies and procedures for system use and services
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administrative tasks
- Assist in the architecture/engineering process for new infrastructure related technology solutions ensuring they are compatible with the company's business needs and strategic objectives
- Work closely with other infrastructure teams and IT hardware service provider vendors
- Customer Focus
- Drive Results
- Technical Competence
- Analysis and Judgement
- Integrity and Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline
- 5 years of experience in the Information Technology Industry
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS
- Knowledge of LINUX/UNIX
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Team oriented, yet able to work independently; very self-motivated
- Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal communication; must be able to communicate technical solutions to senior management
- Experience with the use of a Change and Incident Management System
Be available for rotation assignment for on-call support duties PREFERRED QUALIFIATIONS:
A high sense of responsibility – to our customers, our business partners, our colleagues, and to the quality and timeliness of one’s own work; a willingness to “do what it takes” to support our company’s systems – sometimes during non-standard work hours
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- A continual desire and capability to learn
- Ability to provide guidance and training to others
- Experience in a 24/7 Data Center environment
- Experience with the use of Visio and a DCIM tool
- Certifications a plus (Windows, Cisco, LINUX, VMware, Oracle)
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.